Sunday 4 May 2014

Can the Government be radical on landlords with vacant shops?

It seems such a shame when there are rows of empty shops in certain Town Centres.  In my local Town Centre there is a shopping precinct and there is a string of shops with no tenants.  There is a relief on paying rates for the first 3 months - and I agree with this, as it can take a little time to find tenants and find the right tenants.

Where I propose that the Government push a little harder is after the 3 months have passed.  I suggest that business rates in empty shops go to 150% of what they are when occupied - what greater incentive would there be to ensure landlords find a tenant and keep our High Streets vibrant and full if choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments or questions about my blog then please let me know via the comments section.